Children everywhere deserve loving care, nutritious meals, and a chance to learn. They can thrive in a stable environment that helps them develop social and emotional skills, self-esteem, independence, conflict resolution, and school readiness. When you're homeless it seems impossible to find this type of care for your children.
Morningsong Classrooms is a licensed child care program for homeless families. We offer a safe learning environment for children ages one to five who are living in Seattle in emergency or transitional housing, and occasionally those new to low-income housing.
Children's brain cells are constantly dividing and expanding while they are playing in developmentally appropriate ways. The program at Morningsong focuses on:
- Positive self-esteem and independence
- Incorporating each child's culture into the program
- Development of small and large muscles through music and movement
- Language development
- Developmentally-appropriate curriculum and activities
- Non-violent ways to resolve conflicts
We round out our program with the necessary services to keep your child healthy and growing:
- On site health services through Healthcare for the Homeless Network
- Dental screenings
- Early detection of and referral for developmental delays
- Nutritionally-balanced meals
- Tangible goods such as hygiene supplies
Morningsong is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). We have been serving homeless families in Seattle since 1988.
For case workers or other professionals
We welcome your clients to Morningsong. For more information, please call 206-826-3052 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.